2016-06-03

Lazy- A Troublesome Concept

Lazy- A Troublesome Concept

Many kids in school struggle to succeed.  The national average is 1 in 6 children, millions of school children!

There are a web of complex reasons why we find ourselves facing so many of our children not enjoying school and having such a hard time getting the work done.

But one reason that we hear as much as any other reason should be put aside:  laziness.

When we meet with families, one of the most common thoughts about why their child is not performing well in school is that the problem is the child's attitude gets in the way.  The child either does not care, or seems to be dismissive of the work.  It actually makes perfect sense for any parent to think that the child's attitude is a major piece of the puzzle.  And if that's the case, why not conclude that they are being lazy?

So why would we urge everyone to no longer think of laziness as relevant to the problem of children doing poorly in school?   The problem is that there is a major difference between laziness and other reasons for not doing work, and for nearly every child struggling in school, laziness is not the problem.

To be clear, the word lazy means that the child is not doing work because they do not want to do any work, or anything.  When the word lazy explains a situation, we are concluding that the problem is the person has a fundamental defect in their relationship to work, and it's a simple one- they don't work because they object to working itself.

There may be lazy children and youth, but we haven't seen any.  With no exceptions that I can recall, everyone seems to want to do something.  It may not be what we want them to do, but nearly everyone likes doing something.

In nearly every instance, what looks like laziness is far more likely to be someone choosing to do something else for a very good reason.  Those reasons can vary quite a bit, but nearly all are compelling, once understood.

The key reasons children who are failing school avoid doing school work:
1.  There is a cognitive dysfunction that makes the work very, very difficult to do.
2.  There is an emotional problem blocking the path towards doing the work.
3.  They would rather do something else.
4.   A physical illness prevents access to the work.
5.  Conflicts with the teacher or parents make doing the work very difficult to do.

A look at the real reasons children who are failing school avoid doing their school work.

Cognitive dysfunctions

A great many children who struggle in school have one, or several, problems with how their mind works that make learning new facts, writing new essays, reading new books, doing math or science, paying attention or focusing actually very, very difficult.   One can be quite brilliant, and have one of these problems, and end up essentially being unable to some of the work schools assign.

Consider how hard it is for any of us to do something our minds cannot do without tremendous stress. This is a very unpleasant experience, and like anyone, we avoid the unpleasantness and do something else.

Emotional problems

Anxiety, depression, and/or mania affect large numbers of people, including children.  When any of these conditions is active they can have a devastating effect on anyone's ability to get work done.

Rather do something else

This is a unifying theme as nearly every child will have grades or days when they would rather do something else, and is the sense all children who struggle in school have when the other issues are present.

Physical illness

Of all the reasons kids refuse to do their work, this is the one not confused with laziness.  If someone's eyes are injured, no one thinks the child is lazy if they avoid reading.  The same goes for nearly all physical illnesses, especially acute illnesses.

Conflicts

It would surprise many to find out how many times a problem in school reflects conflicts with teachers, and parents, and friends.


Why none of these reasons are explained by the concept of lazy.

For each of the five examples of reasons children who struggle in school do not do their work, laziness simply fails to explain anything.

If your mind cannot think through the problem at hand, your emotions keep you from attending, you are too physically ill, have serious conflicts related to the work, or would rather do something else you end up doing something else.

It is almost never the case that laziness explains any behavior, notice how in each case noted, the child ends up doing something else, not nothing.

Finally, assuming the reason school work is not done is laziness causes two very major problems:
1.  Since it is not true, it misses the ability to do anything about the situation.
2.  It is not an explanation, but really down deep, just an insult.

BOTTOM LINES
1.  Many, many children struggle to do their school work, about 1 in 6 risk failure.
2.  In nearly every instance, a reason explains their difficulty.
3.  That reason is almost never laziness.
4.  Thinking it is laziness seems reasonable, after all they are not doing their work. 
5.  But calling your child lazy, in addition to being wrong, usually just makes matters worse, as it is more of an insult than explanation.

We recommend highly that if your child struggles in school, that the real reason(s) be found, only then can situations change and the situation get better.

To your health,
Dr. Arthur Lavin 

*Disclaimer* The comments contained in this electronic source of information do not constitute and are not designed to imply that they constitute any form of individual medical advice. The information provided is purely for informational purposes only and not relevant to any person's particular medical condition or situation. If you have any medical concerns about yourself or your family please contact your physician immediately. In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer,we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside vendors.

7 comments:

  1. Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw alot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw alot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw alot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

    ReplyDelete

  4. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS. You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes Copd Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Yes can ask me anything about this on my twitter @ericamilli or text 7205992850.He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following deseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete








  7. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346
























    hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete