Your Web Access to Your Child(ren)'s Health Record
As many of you know, 2016 is the year Advanced Pediatrics will be rolling out exciting new online services for you and your family.
The first was made available on February 10, 2016, and is called Healow.
Healow is the name given to the web access app of our electronic health record company, eClinical Works, or eCW. We have worked with eCW to manage your child(ren)'s charts for many years and have been pleased. The fact they are one of the largest means they are also very reliable.
So it was good news to us when eCW created Healow.
What is Healow?
Healow refers to a website that provides secured access to you to your child(ren)'s medical information.
With the right username and password, and practice code, Healow will direct you to a web-page that allows you to:
- Request appointment times from actual times made visible to you that are open on our scheduler.
- Request refills on ongoing medications
- View your child(ren)'s lab results
- Access health records, including the ability to view and print your child(ren)'s immunization records.
These functions are now available to you on any device, including smartphone, PC, tablet, laptop, etc.
The Patient Portal
Ultimately, Healow, the website, operates via a function of the electronic medical record called, The Patient Portal. The Patient Portal is a highly secured communication function that allows us to send messages to your family and for you to send messages to us with all the confidentiality required to meet HIPPAA requirements, but more importantly, ensuring the communications are kept private.
The Patient Portal allows for secured email communication, and is now open to use.
To access all the functions of Healow and the Patient Portal here is what has to happen:
- Only families of children who receive their care at Advanced Pediatrics can enroll in these services, of course.
- Call the office, or when you are here, talk to our front desk professionals and simply ask them to set up your username and initial password. They will do that and print out directions for how to use your username and password to access the Patient Portal and Healow
To use Healow:
- Go to the App Store and/or to Google Play to download the Healow app.
- When you open the Healow app, on any device, enter our practice code GDGIAA, enter your Patient Portal username and password, and you will enter Healow for Advanced Pediatrics, strictly in relation to your child(ren) and no one else.
- Once in, the functions available will be made visible and available to you.
Some notes on Appointment Requests
We are very excited to make online appointment requests available.
Here is how that works:
- When you choose this function, you will be asked to pick a provider you want to see.
- All the times in the coming few days available will be placed on the screen, pick one.
- Enter the reason you want to come in.
- Once you do these three things and submit the request, the request will enter that time and date on our master schedule. Our front desk professionals will make sure the reason for the visit makes sense in the time slot requested. If all makes sense, they will email a confirmation that the visit is set to you. If not, they will call to make a mutually better arrangement.
- Keep in mind that once you place your request, the appointment is not made. The system requires our front desk to confirm the appointment before it is set. In every instance though, you will hear from the office, either: the appointment will be confirmed via your email, or you will hear from us how it needs to be changed.
We are currently trying out an ear examination module that is built of the iPhone camera, that will allow parents to take a picture of your child's eardrum and allow us to see if an ear infection is present via a virtual office visit. Other image and video based technologies are being explored as well.
Of course, as these innovations designed to make working together as easy as possible are put into place, you will be notified right away.
To your health,
Dr. Arthur Lavin
*Disclaimer* The comments contained in this electronic source of information do not constitute and are not designed to imply that they constitute any form of individual medical advice. The information provided is purely for informational purposes only and not relevant to any person's particular medical condition or situation. If you have any medical concerns about yourself or your family please contact your physician immediately. In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer,we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside vendors.