Everyone at Advanced Pediatrics is very excited to announce that we are upgrading our electronic medical record system.
As many of you know, we have been pleased to lead the way in the adoption of electronic medical record-keeping. Our office opened with a fully integrated electronic system almost eight years ago. Microsoft recognized us as a pioneer in this field in 2003.
Now that eight years have nearly passed, we have found a new system that will offer a far more robust system, particularly in our ability to communicate information to every family. More on those features later.
Right now we want to be sure you know the key items you should be aware of for our four day transition period:
- First, we have all worked very hard to limit the time of transition to only four days.
- Those days will be Monday, November 15- Thursday, November 18
- Advanced Pediatrics will remain fully open during these four days.
- Phone access will remain completely unchanged in this time period.
- During the days from Nov. 15-18, we will not be scheduling pre-scheduled appointments.
- This means that during Nov. 15-18, we will not be scheduling check-ups or well-baby visits.
- No appointments during Nov. 15-18 will be made on any but the same day.
- During Nov. 15-18, only, in order to be fully trained on the system, the office will take a step we do not plan to do again- limit times for medical care to Noon-1 and 5-6PM. All three providers, Drs. Lavin and Hertzer, and Ms. Rieger will be available during these times.
- Starting November 19, our regular scheduling will resume, all under our new system
- One last point, since the system will be new, we are going to enter insurance information at every visit, to be sure we have all your information correct in the new system. So please be sure to bring your insurance card to every visit for awhile, and plan for a few extra minutes to check in.
We appreciate everyone's understanding during these four days. We will work hard to be sure we can answer all questions anyone has at anytime during this interval, just as we do everyday.
Once completed, we will be very excited to share many of the advances our new system offers. A couple examples include:
- Electronic prescribing, no more carrying prescriptions to the pharmacy (unless you ask to)
- A secure web page where you can see your family's lab results, and communicate with the office electronically
As with our current system, the overall goal is to get rid of as much frustration as possible when it comes to getting information to or from our office. Helping you is our key goal, and managing medical information is central to that purpose.
*Disclaimer* The comments contained in this electronic source of information do not constitute and are not designed to imply that they constitute any form of individual medical advice. The information provided is purely for informational purposes only and not relevant to any person's particular medical condition or situation. If you have any medical concerns about yourself or your family please contact your physician immediately. In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer,we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside vendors.